Portal for Developers: Start to integrate with Zyncro!
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
A week ago we launched our first contest for developers: Zyncro Developers’ Challenge, in which we invite you to build a new generation of business apps with us, developing your app for Zyncro, with which you can win fantastic prizes and choose to be part of the Zyncro Market.
We also mentioned that you wouldn’t be on your own and that we would give you the necessary tools for developing your app, according to the contest terms and conditions. For that reason, today we’d like to present the Zyncro Developers Portal, the starting point where you can learn how to increase the strengths of Zyncro directly in your app or integrate your app with Zyncro.
The sections making up the Developers Portal are designed to respond to all your needs:
- REST API: You can use the REST API to create applications and webpages that integrate in Zyncro natively. The REST API is a set of web services, meaning it can be used to create apps for Zyncro from any modern programming language and operating system, from any computer connected to the Internet. The API is divided into different areas, which contain a subset of services grouped by functionality. These include:
- Microblogging & Activity Stream: this section gives services to access and post new comments in the Zyncro microblogging feed.
- Invitations & Event Inbox: Here you’ll find services for sending and accepting invitations, and accessing the notifications inbox.
- Group Administration: From here, you have access to services to create new groups, download and upload documents to groups and manage members, folders and files in groups.
- Department Administration: Create new departments, download and upload documents to departments, manage members, folders and files.
- Organization & User Administration: Access and manage user profiles in an organization.
- Manuals & Best Practices: A set of guides, guidelines and best practices that describe the application development and integration policies of Zyncro.
- Code samples: Here you’ll find several code samples in programming languages that show you how our APIs work.
With our APIs, you can extend basic functionalities in Zyncro, enrich the user experience or acelerate user adoption. Already got an idea? Want to create a new mobile app that uses Zyncro services? Or maybe you want to give your current ERP or CRM a social layer? Or even integrate your application directly in Zyncro? The sky’s the limit!