Google Drive: Your Google documents now in Zyncro
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Zyncro and Google are more united than ever with a new integration: files stored online with Google Drive will be available directly in specific groups in your Zyncro.
Thanks to new integrations, Zyncro is becoming the only platform you need, saving time as you no longer have to open several tools to stay up-to-date with everything happening inside and outside your company’s walls. With this idea, we are proud to present the third ZyncroApp that completes the Zyncro-Google integration trilogy: Google Drive. A few weeks ago we launched our integration with Gmail and for almost a year now the Google Calendar ZyncroApp has been available.
Proper document management is a key issue for optimizing resources in any company. Organizations that have made the step towards the 2.0 world probably use different online document systems for their files. There are several platforms that enable document management and probably more than one are used in the company, but wouldn’t it be more efficient to be able to access all those systems in a single platform?? Zyncro is the solution.
Zyncro lets you access your online documents, even those that are not hosted on the platform, from your Enterprise Social Network in a single click: from now on, you can create new Google Drive work groups that enable you to manage, edit and share your files quickly and effectively.
This integration with Google Drive is the first step towards Zyncro integration with online file management systems, other leading systems are soon to follow…
How does Google Drive in Zyncro work?
To start using this integration, you just have to follow these simple steps: like the other ZyncroApps, your organization’s administrator needs to enable it in the ZyncroApps section of the Administration Panel. This integration is available for Business accounts.
Next, access the right menu of your Profile > Google Drive Integration. A screen will appear to “Connect with Google Drive”.
After clicking this connection option, follow these steps:
- Enter your username (or Gmail address) and password and click on ‘Enable access’ for Zyncro to your Google account. Once you’ve entered your Google details the first time, the registration screen won’t appear again.
- If you have several Google accounts, all of them will appear, so you’ll have to select the account you wish to connect. Remember you don’t have to connect Zyncro with Google Calendar, Gmail and Google Drive using the same account.
Create a group linked to Google Drive
From now on, the groups you create can store files found on your computer or Google Drive documents. The groups linked to Google Drive are differentiated from ordinary ones, as they will have the Google icon on the group list.
To create a group linked to Google Drive (with access to those documents you choose), when creating a new group you need to mark the “Group linked with Google Drive” checkbox.
To link your Google Drive files with this new group, go to the Files section and click Manage Files. There you can see all your Google Drive documents and select and unselect those that you want to be linked to the Zyncro group.
From now on, all documents that are uploaded from Google Drive in the folders linked to Zyncro will automatically appear in your Enterprise Social Network.
- Regarding permissions for documents and/or folders, they are the same as those defined in Google Drive; for that reason, remember that to open a document, you need to have permissions to view it in Google Drive. If you don’t, you can ask the document owner for permissions directly from Google.
- You’ll be up-to-date with any changes in the files stored on Google Drive as each time a document is created or changed, a message will appear on your wall in the same way as with other files in your Zyncro.
- What’s more, you can use theGoogle Drive synchronizer and Zyncro integration to store and synchronize all the files on your computer with your applications on the cloud.
- Now in search results, there is a new tab, GDrive, that shows you the search results for Google Drive files synchronized with Zyncro that you have permissions for.
Start to enjoy Google Drive in your Zyncro. Google is zyncronized! What about you? Try it now!
Jaume Jané is responsible for ZyncroApps and integration at Zyncro. He is an expert in analysis and development for integration possibilities in Online Social Networks, enterprise software and productivity cloud applications. He coordinates interactions between Zyncro and third party technology solutions. Before, he worked with distinct companies as a web programmer and a functional analyst.