Document management in your organization is now social: Box integrates in Zyncro
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
At Zyncro we continue working to become the central platform for accessing knowledge in companies. We already offer two ZyncroApps to faciliate access to organizations’ documentation in the cloud, Dropbox and Google Drive.
Now we’ve taken things further with the integration of Box, which joins the previous platforms so that your online files are available directly from your Enterprise Social Network, adding a social layer to document management in the cloud.
Easy, fast access to corporate documents and knowledge is essential for productivity in any company. Organizations nowadays want to have all their documents in the cloud so they can access them from anywhere, at any time, and using any device.
There are numerous platforms that let companies upload, manage and share documents online and, according to their work processes, each organization uses a different platform. At Zyncro we thought… what if you could access from our platform, from a single point, all that scattered information? And that’s what we’ve done with the integration with Google Drive first, then Dropbox and now Box.
Thanks to this new integration, Zyncro lets you easily access your documents hosted in Box from your Enterprise Social Network. Create a specific work group in Zyncro, link it to your Box account, decide which folders and files you want available and start to manage your documents quickly and effectively .
How does Box integrated in Zyncro work?
To use this integration, your organization’s administrator must enable this ZyncroApp from the Administration panel. Once it’s available, as a user, access the right menu in your Profile > Box Integration > Connect to Box.
Zyncro will ask permission to connect to your Box account. If you click ok, you’ll go to a window where you need to enter your user credentials and accept the connection between Box and Zyncro.
Once accepted, you can start to use Box in your Enterprise Social Network straight away. To do this, you need to create a work group linked to Box. Do it by accessing the section Files and Groups > Create New Group, and in the tab, select a group to connect with your Box files. Then go to the section Manage Files and select those folders you want to link in Zyncro, click OK and your documents will start to synchronize.
- Manage Box files from Zyncro. Files stored in the Box folders you have linked will be available in Zyncro. You can view documents, download them, and share them with whoever you want using our system of Zlinks.
- Upload files to Box from Zyncro. To upload files to Box from Zyncro, click on Upload file and select the files you want to upload. The file will be uploaded to the work group in zyncro and in your box account. Also when you upload files directly in Box, they will be synchronized and be available in your Zyncro group.
- Create folders from Zyncro. To create a new folder, click New Folder and add a name and description. This new folder and all the files you add to it will also be synchronized in your Box account.
- Delete files in Zyncro. From Zyncro you can delete the files you want from your Box account and they will no longer be accessible from the group in your Enterprise Social Network. In the same way, all the files you delete directly in your Box account will also be deleted in your Zyncro.
- Change the name of files in Box. From Zyncro, you cannot change the name of files associated with a Box account. However if you change the name of files in Box, these changes will be reflected in Zyncro.
Zyncro helps you to stay synchronized. Connect your accounts and start to reap the benefits from better access to knowledge in your organization in the cloud from your Enterprise Social Network.
If you would like more information, write to us at sales (@) zyncro.com or call us on +34 93 187 03 22 and we’ll be happy to help.
Jaume Jané is responsible for ZyncroApps and integration at Zyncro. He is an expert in analysis and development for integration possibilities in Online Social Networks, enterprise software and productivity cloud applications. He coordinates interactions between Zyncro and third party technology solutions. Before, he worked with distinct companies as a web programmer and a functional analyst.