Zyncro Wiki: Create and Edit Content in a Collaborative way in your Enterprise Social Network
Estimated Reading Time + video: 8 minutes
At Zyncro we continue working to provide enterprises with employee participation in the knowledge management of the company. One way of achieving this is by becoming more agile and efficient to create and edit content collaboratively through wiki technology, a feature you can arrange in your Enterprise Social Network starting today, if you have a Business account 😉
We would like to introduce you to Zyncro Wiki, a new ZyncroApp with which you can create pages of content within groups in your Enterprise Social Network, with html format, with the ability to structure, edit and navigate, by users in your network, just like a web page.
In order to start using the application, the Administrator should activate it from the Administration Panel > ZyncroApps.
Once activated, each group owner will have the option to include a Wiki section within the group that will show up as a new group sub-section in the right hand menu between Tasks and Participants.
The group Wiki activation can be done by using the Configuration section by ticking the box “Activate group wiki” and clicking on the Save button.
To create the wiki, just access the group Wiki section and follow the instructions outlined on the Help page and from that moment onwards, it becomes the new first page of your corporate wiki.
Beginning your new Wiki
A Wiki is not much more than a set of interlinked web pages, either among themselves or to other websites. We could say that the Wiki is ‘your group’s web’.
- The first thing you need to do is create your first page. To do this, go to the right side Wiki menu, click on the top right arrow and choose the option New document.
- A web page editor will then open up where you can create the content of the page easily and intuitively. The only thing you need to know, if you are an advanced user, is that you can edit the page directly in HTML by clicking on the first button in the toolbar.
- Editing pages is just as easy: just open the page you want to edit, go to the top right arrow, click & select the option Edit document to edit its content. And if a page is no longer useful, delete it from the menu, with the option Delete document.
- You can create folders to organize your Wiki’s information better. To do that, use the option New Folder. You can add as many folders as you like, but we advise you not to use more than three levels as it can make it difficult for your readers to find the information they need.
- Finally, remember that everyone who has access to your group can browse the wiki using the right side menu, which shows the structure of all the pages you have stored there.
Full of useful information for your groups! Activate Zyncro Wiki now!
If you need more information, write to us at sales (@) zyncro.com or call us at +34 93 187 03 22 and we’ll get the information for you.