Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Managing employees is by no means easy and people often have to do it without any previous formal training. So I wanted to share ten essential tips that will enhance how you treat your employees, ranked from the least to the most important:
- Employees are persons
- Given the above, it’s worth pointing out that employees are persons
- Just as a suggestion, bear in mind that employees are persons
- After doing the above, I might mention the idea that employees are persons
- Have we grasped that employees are persons yet?
- This tip I learned on my last Masters: employees are persons
- I’d also point out that employees are persons
- For those of you who may be a bit absent-minded, try to remember that employees are also persons
- The most important thing is that employees are persons
- The last point is crucial; we are all persons
It might seem a bit daft, but you should never forget these tips. Employees are persons with values, beliefs, dreams, relatives and so on, and every day you need to align the tasks you ask them to do with company strategy.
Once you’ve taken this decision, you can then follow the steps set out in any good leadership manual: