Updates from January, 2013 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
What is the internal reputation of a company? Why is it important? What is the significance of enterprise social networks for improving performance?
This new whitepaper explains the reasons why a company’s internal reputation is something that must be safeguarded, and to which far too often too little importance is attached. You can discover and understand the key aspects about internal reputation in a company: how to manage it, find out why the most common resources used aren’t the most effective, new processes and methodology for correctly assessing internal reputation, etc.
The importance of this reputation is reflected in the employees and how they feel about the company’s behavior. This in turn affects the behavior of groups and individuals who interact with the company, such as suppliers, customers, investors, etc. A correct analysis should be carried out of the satisfaction of employees and their commitment to the company, the quality and scope of communication implemented by the company and the existing relations within the organization, in order to obtain the level of the company’s reputation.
The conclusions of this study are clear: a favorable internal reputation means growth in sales, profits, productivity and customer loyalty, as well as a fall in absenteeism. All the data can be found in the manual that can be download for free from the Resources section of the Zyncro website.
Influencing the organization’s internal reputation, contributes to:
- Increasing sales
- Increasing customer loyalty
- Increasing profits
- Improving collaboration and contribution of ideas
- Improving retaining and attracting talent
- Reducing absenteeism
- Improving productivity
- Simplifying the resolution of conflicts
- Improving the identification and pride of the company
This report is aimed at Management Teams, as well as HR, Internal Communication and Marketing departments. Share it with everyone in your organization’s management team.
Download the report and discover why an enterprise social network plays such a crucial role in the improvement of internal reputation
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
What is the Tasks section?
The Tasks section is a tab within Zyncro that lets users create and assign tasks to other members of the organization and to the users themselves.
We’re going to give you a sneak peek at some of the features that we will be including in version 3.3 that will come out in a few weeks’ time. (Some, not all )
What options are there within the Tasks section?
- The tasks can be sorted by creation date, identification number, or even by deadline on which the task must be completed. There is also an option to display filtered tasks, for example, display only completed tasks or only pending ones.
- What’s more, you can display a list with the tasks created and the following information on each one: Identification number, creation date, type, person responsible, task completion deadline and task status. And finally, a description for the task, where the work group is also shown. If you click on the task, you can change all these options, and there’s an option to flag the task for follow-up in the next meeting.
- The “Create Task” button, as its name suggests, lets you add new tasks to the current list. Below you’ll find the steps for creating a task:
How do I create tasks?
There are two ways to create a task:
A) Create a task within a group (for this you need to have task manager permissions within that group)
- Click on My Zyncro Account > Files & Groups
- Select the group where you want to create the task.
- Go to the Tasks tab and click on the “Create task” button.
- Enter a title, a description, assign the person in charge, select the task type and, if necessary, the deadline and the status.
- You can also add a comment that will be posted on the group’s wall together with the task creation event.
- To finish, click on “Save and create another task” to continue creating tasks, or “Save and close” to end task creation.
B) Create a task directly in My Zyncro Account > Tasks; the difference is that with this option you need to add the group in which you want to create the task.
Tasks tab within groups
Within each group, there is a Tasks tab. Here you will find all the tasks associated with the group and its members. Users with task manager permissions can change the tasks from the same page by clicking on one of the tasks shown in the list.
Create, manage and assign tasks to members in your organization from Zyncro!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
What is the People section?
It is a directory of people where you can see:
- corporate users (in your organization)
- external users, not directly implicated in your company’s activity
What appears in the People section?
It shows a list of all your contacts, both internal and external, that participate or intervene in some way or another in the organization you belong to in Zyncro.
This section gives you two types of information on these contacts:
- Contact details (name, email address, personal status and geographical location)
- Information on their professional activity (groups they participate in within Zyncro, name of the organization and departments they belong to)
You can sort existing contacts, from A-Z or Z-A, according to the following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
You can also filter contacts, showing only those whose name starts with a specific letter (from A to Z).
Add an external contact
If you click this, a window will open where you can search for other users by name and email address.
The search by name is less restrictive, meaning it’s better to use their email address (if you know it) to get a single result.
Follow and unfollow
Apart from the photo and the information that accompanies the contacts appearing in the list in the People section, a button also appears beside each one, with the text “Follow” or “Unfollow”.
- If Follow appears, it means that you are not yet following the user’s Personal Newsfeed, and hence it won’t appear on your homepage. You will, however, see any posts they make in the groups you both belong to and any comments they make on the posts of other users that you are following.
- Otherwise, if Unfollow appears, it means that you are already following the user and you can see all the different posts they make in their Personal Newsfeed.
Delete an external contact
Where the user you are following does not belong to your organization, the option Unfollow will not appear. In this case, the word Delete will appear in order for you to make this person disappear from your list of People, if desired.
All your contacts close to hand in your mobile device!
As we explained in Zyncro for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch or more recently in Use Zyncro on your Android tablet!, Zyncro is a tool that can be used from either computers or mobile devices (smartphones and tablets).
If you use Zyncro on a mobile device, the People section lets you:
- Access a list of all your contacts in your organization, as well as external contacts.
- If the option is configured, make calls to everyone.
- Communicate via text messages with users connected to Zyncro, where the Chat ZyncroApp is activated. This is a premium service, so it is only available for Business, Enterprise and Business Community plans.