Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
If you are tired of having to remind your employees of important dates, we’ll give you a hand!
We present you with the evolution of one of the Zyncro integrations that we published before the summer: Google Calendar. This time it has a specific calendar that will appear automatically to all of the users within your organisation.
Now Zyncro offers you the possibility of integrating a specific calendar FOR THE ENTIRE ORGANISATION in such a way that your intranet users will always be up to date with corporate events.
How to manage a corporate calendar
Zyncro presents a 2.0 method for making a unique calendar available to the whole organisation:
- Decide who will be responsible for managing the events/corporate calendar within the company.
- Create a specific Google Calendar for the company (whether it is using an existing user or using a new generic Google user). At Zyncro for example, our CTO Albert Sampietro, created a new calendar associated to his e-mail account and called it “What’s up at Zyncro Tech?“
- Decide whether the calendar creator will also manage the calendar or if they will be sharing the task with another member of the company. This is carried out straight from the Google Calendar by accessing the calendar options.
- The designated events/calendar manager should enter all significant company dates into the calendar.
How to integrate your corporate calendar into Zyncro?
If you already activated and configured the connection between Google Calendar and Zyncro with the first version of our ZyncroApp, the following steps will be familiar to you.
To activate the Corporate calendar, the Administrator should activate it from the ZyncroApps section within the Administration panel.
Once the ZyncroApp has been activated, the Administrator should then link their Google account in the ‘Configure’ section.
After having clicked the “Connect with Google Calendar“ button, the designated person responsible for the management of the corporate calendar should enter their Google account connection data in order to make the connection. Remember that this user could well be the Zyncro Administrator if:
- the Administrator has created a calendar that will zyncronize
- the Administrator has permission to access the calendar because the calendar owner has shared it with them.
If the corporate calendar is NOT your personal calendar (the one that appears by default and is associated with your Gmail account), you should exit and re-enter the Configure section of the ZyncroApp and choose to share with your organisation from the drop down list.
Once activated and configured, the whole organisation will ALWAYS be able to see the organsation’s events calendar. It will appear as a new tab next to the personal calendar icon if already activated or by default, it will appear as the Corporate Calendar if the user does not already have a personal calendar.
It’s about time people remembered the important dates of your company!
Calendarize yourself with Zyncro!