Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Today I’d like to explain how to integrate the Business microblogging account of Zyncro… with just about anything. Yes, and I mean anything!!!
Anything that is capable of generating RSS or sending an email can be integrated with Zyncro. So in other words, that means almost all the services that there has been or will be on the Internet, even perhaps the tools you use each day in your company.
Of course, with Zyncro by using the API, you can develop integrations that go to another level, enabling you to create users, manage groups, send invitations, etc.
But integration via RSS and email is much easier to integrate with any system quickly.
Let’s look at some examples of integrations:
See your LinkedIn feed in Zyncro
- Select the group in Zyncro which you want to post this information. It can be a group you already share or you can create a new one, just for you, or invite other people. It all depends on who you want to see this LinkedIn information you’ll integrate.
- Go to http://www.linkedin.com/rssAdmin?display= and generate the RSS of all the updates in your network of contacts.
- In the Zyncro group, on the sidebar, there’s an option to “Add a feed subscription.” Copy the URL of the RSS you want to integrate there.
Send information by email to Zyncro
- Create a new user in Zyncro. Give that user the name of the tool you want to integrate and use the logo as the profile photo.
- Create a group in Zyncro and invite your usual user (and whoever else you want too) to that group.
- Using the new user you have created, in the group you’ll see an email address on the sidebar to which you can send microblogging messages. The attachments you send will also be uploaded to Zyncro!
Follow a user in Twitter
- The Twitter API lets you generate a RSS from this address: http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=
- Simply enter the username, for example: http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=zyncro and you’ll get a RSS with everything published by our Zyncro Twitter feed.
Follow a topic or a hash tag in Twitter
- In the same way as following a user’s activity, but in this case, the URL is: https://search.twitter.com/search.rss?q= .
- To see all activity on a topic, for example, everything said about Zyncro in Twitter, use this URL: https://search.twitter.com/search.rss?q=zyncro
- In Google News http://news.google.com you can search for news, filter it, configure it by language and many other options to refine the search. When you have finished refining the search and what you see on screen is what you want to see in Zyncro, go to the bottom of the page and you’ll find a button there to generate the RSS.
Follow what is being said about a topic on the web
- First in your Google account settings, https://accounts.google.com/b/0/EditUserInfo add the email address of the group, as I explained before. You’ll receive a confirmation email that you’ll see directly on the Zyncro wall, with a link. Click on it to confirm the account.
- Then in http://www.google.com/alerts generate alerts for the topics you want and configure them so news is sent to the email you have added.
- Using Google Finance http://www.google.com/finance you can get up-to-the-minute news and reports on the markets.
- If you follow the status of any company on the stock market (Google, for example http://www.google.com/finance/company_news?q=NASDAQ:GOOG&output=rss ), or the Euro http://www.google.com/finance/company_news?q=CURRENCY:EUR&output=rss or any other currency.
- From there, once you’ve got the RSS, it can be integrated in Zyncro in the same way as before.
Follow the status of your servers
- Using Pingdom you can monitor the status of any system in your company and see its availability. You can configure it so that you are sent an email any time the service is down. Use the email account of your group to see it in Zyncro. What’s more you can post the graphs generated in AddZyngs.
View SharePoint notifications in Zyncro
- SharePoint lets you define workflows and send a notification email depending on the status. Do it so that it sends you those email to the account of your group in Zyncro: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/workflow-example-send-a-notification-message-HA010182908.aspx
- The same thing can be done in SAP, or any other CRM or ERP that sends emails. Simply configure the notifications so they are sent to your group in Zyncro.
- As for SharePoint, a more in-depth example of integration was one that was done a few days ago when we presented together with ZyncSocial and Pasiona Consulting the SharePoint connector for Zyncro.
Thought of any more examples? There are thousands! Have you seen how easy it is?
Tell us how you integrate Zyncro in your daily work!