Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
We are dealing with a highly competitive business environment, transformed and globalised which compels us to do more with less. In this scenario, Information Systems and Information and Communication Technologies (IS / ICT) have gone from being a support function to being a decisive factor when it comes to strategy, development and the growth of a business.
In order to maintain an optimum competitive advantage as well as to make the optimum use of IS / ICT, it is vital that we align these with the business strategy. This becomes necessary by establishing a Systems Plan that meets the business’ needs on a short and long term basis.
Process orientation and the technological component of any business project of a business makes it fundamental that both the CEO as well as the operational directors understand the IS / ITC that form the current company. In the same way, it is key for the CIO to manage the Information and Communication Technologies and ensures Communications use business criteria as well as being able to anticipate the needs of the business.
The role of the CIO as the facilitating as well as transforming element of the business becomes one of taking the initiative and proposing innovative ideas that will allow the company to improve its results, increase its income, reduce costs and shorten the time to market until the product, good or service is launched.
If we consider the ICT value model the four dimensions that are income, innovation, service and costs, we will find that Zyncro meets the model requirements to perfection, offering ICTs the desired value:
There are various reasons why Zyncro is aligned with this model in its four dimensions:
- Improves productivity.
- Improves the serviced offered to internal and external clients.
- Improves processes.
- Having Zyncro available allows us to open up new business possibilities and reach places that were unthinkable prior to the introduction of this social technology. A new division, a new business, a new line, a new process… With Zyncro we can try everything!
- Taking on this new technology can generate competitive advantages with the rapid implementation of new projects and initiatives in a very fast, secure and efficient manner. In this way, ICTs will not slow things down but will be an innovative boost for the company.
- The company can consider new products and services based on this collaborative environment that opens up unlimited possibilities.
- Collective intelligence: Zyncro allows for the sharing of the organisation’s knowledge, it captures and stores it whilst it circulates around the company (among collaborators, providers, clients, etc) and organises the “unstructured” information (that which is in “someone in a departmental database’s e-mail, local files…”), because Zyncro implies the integration of people, processes and knowledge.
- Always-On: Always connected and available from any location, moment and device (today the world is already like this).
- High integration capacity: Zyncro will integrate all the “satellite” applications that exist within the company (office automation files, *.pdf, e-mail, calendar, agenda…). And during the coming days, it will also be possible to integrate APIs with operational applications (ERP, CRM, BI….).
- Plug & play: This software is easy to implement and has no installation or license costs. .
- With Zyncro we move from having CAPEX to OPEX (But a very acceptable OPEX!)
- ROI: The return on investment is extremely fast and easy to quantify.
- Cost of adaptation is almost nonexistent, due to the fact that it is based on the usability of the most popular social networks.
- What does it normally cost to create a new user on an IT level? This refers to activating all the tools and applications needed for that particular position on a hardware and software level? A lot! Licenses of all sorts, servers that can run applications and other applications so that with each newcomer, running costs rise from year to year due to high maintenance costs. With Zyncro, the cost of each new user is reduced dramatically.
- Easy alignment with the Systems Plan (high integration).
For sure, CIOs are obliged to ensure that the ICTs contribute towards a better Profit & Loss. We should be brave and take decisions that allow the transformation of a traditional company into a 2.0 company, take advantage of the competitive advantages offered by new technologies and align these with business strategy and tactics and above all, make a contribution to growth.
We should also orientate ourselves towards ROI and obtain a fast return on investment, convince the financial area on models such as SaaS or the cloud and convert CAPEX into OPEX.
In a business world where we are compelled to do more with less, we are obliged to keep an open mind and be results orientated.
I am convinced that the adaptation to Zyncro technology within a company is a very good value proposal that can generate income, allow innovation, provide an excellent quality of service and in addition, reduce costs.
“Can new technologies improve the company Profit & Loss? In answer to the question posed by the article: The answer is simply: YES. And they not only can, but should contribute to improving it.