Estimated Reading Time: 5 minutes
The essence of internal communication is very simple. We are all, or have been at some point, workers and we know to value a professional environment, even if we do not enjoy that environment:
- A good place to work. Thinking of happiness may be excessive, but at least it does not detract
- Where the liberty and initiative of each employee is favored
- In which team spirit and sense of belonging to a common project is fostered
- Where achievements can take place (and failures experienced) as something collective
- Have fairness in the deal: reward good conduct and penalize harmful conduct
- All members of the organization are heard and their participation is encouraged.
But what we are not always conscious of is the potential of internal communication in other domains.
Things you might not know about internal communication that can help you
1. Improvement of the external image and corporate reputation
Now that, finally, it seems the corporate reputation has begun to consider itself in a global mode and its management relapses in DirCom, internal communication can offer us new instruments to strengthen our image. Who better than employees to talk about the company for which they form a part of? For sharing how it works, what it does or how customer feedback is used to improve the products and services?
2. Discover and take advantage of (hidden) talent in the organization
Beyond a resume, there is an ecosystem of enthusiasm, skills, resources and qualities that can escape the traditional vocational assessment. Thanks to internal communication, it is possible to discover this talent and take advantage of it in order to improve the organization.